Only primary language being cached on multilingual site

I am an English site that is using /de/ for all German translations. The original pages are being cached with great speed. However, my /de/ pages are not being cached. They are at best very slow or not loading at all. They are in my sitemap and indexed by google. I am using WPML for Wordpress Translations. How do I get these pages cached along with their english versions?

Stating the domain would be a good start :wink:

Sorry. https://bikeaustria.com

Shouldnt that be an :austria: flag instead in the language selection :wink:

Your pages do not contain cacheable file extensions though nor is there a caching header, hence your English pages should not be cached either.

Your site is relatively slow, but that appears to be less of a caching issue but rather an overall Wordpress issue.

With 80 million in Germany versus 8 million here, I will focus on keeping them happy with their flag, haha.

What recommendations do you have to get caching working properly. The english pages are very fast for me.

I have worked hard on the site speed and have great GTMetrix scores, but there still appears to be suboptimal server speeds. Any input there would also be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.