Old obfuscated email shows after being changed

Hello, this issue is/was a real puzzle. i changed the markup on the server file to show a new updated email address on our home page, yet the old one remained. Cleared out WP Rocket cache files, yet the old email address remained. Purged full Cloudflare cache, yet the old email address remained. Tried loading the page with completely cleared browser cache, yet the old email address remains.

Finally it hit me: perhaps Cloudflare’s email obfuscation is somehow displaying an expired email address from some sort of obfuscation cache…?

So here’s what’s in page source:

<p><a href ="[email protected]"><span class="__cf_email__" data-cfemail="4b25243c0b3f2e2f2f273265282426">[email&#160;protected]</span></a></p>

And on the rendered page i see:
[email protected]
(and it’s not a clickable link, btw)

How can this be corrected without disabling email obfuscation?

Sorry, realized that the markup on the OP was invalid.
Corrected it to:

<p><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a></p>

Which now appears in the web browser source as:

<p><a href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection#81efeef6c1f5e4e5e5edf8afe2eeec"><span class="__cf_email__" data-cfemail="fa94958dba8e9f9e9e9683d4999597">[email&#160;protected]</span></a></p>

And despite re-attempting the above-mentioned remediation (clearing cache, etc), the [email protected] is still what shows up on our home page.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.