Number of secondary DNS available

Hello all,

I am trying to move the DNS service for two of my domains from where are now to Cloudflare. The registrar is asking me to provide 4xDNS servers if I want to change the DNS provider. Cloudflare is providing me only with 2 DNS servers.

I tried to use two of the old DNS and two of Cloudflare however Cloudflare doesn’t like that.

Does anyone know if Cloudflare has other DNS servers except the

1. bob.ns.cloudflare.com
  2. gail.ns.cloudflare.com

Or any other workaround?

best
George

Hi @geo1,

You can only set the two given nameservers to add your domain to Cloudflare. There is no requirement to have 4 nameservers, do you know why that is the case of if you can remove 2 at your registrar?

Thank you for your response @domjh as I can see the host masters of the Domains .GR and .EU are asking for 4x DNS servers. I don’t know why.
I am happy to transfer that domains to Cloudflare however I can’t find the way to do it.

any thoughts?

Those TLDs aren’t supported with Cloudflare Registrar so you will need to stick with an external registrar.

Some registrar’s show the number of nameservers that your domain currently has assigned, but will allow you to leave blank or remove 2 of them. If that’s not the case, you will need to contact them for assistance.

thanks @domjh I already tried all the above. If you thing for anything else please feel free to let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.