Not using cloudflare - using cloudflare hosted JS library from cdnjs - how to unmask my ip

Hi,

We are not using Cloudflare but we using a hosted JS from cdnjs.cloudflare.com for function “html2canvas”. Cloudflare ingesting their set of IP ranges in the middle. How to remove the Cloudflare IP in the middle and so that client can see our IP traffic in direct. Any suggestions, appreciated!

PS: And we are using Cloud-front as our cdn service.

website - https://lender.reggora.com/

Usually, for hosted JS, any request initiated by the script will be made from the user’s device and therefore show the user’s IP address.

For the user, the request to the JS script itself, goes to Cloudflare (cdnjs.cloudflare.com). If you want to deliver the script through your IP, you’d have to download the script and host it on your own server.

Make sense. Thanks for your quick reply on this. Appreciated it!

1 Like

The IP’s on the link mentioned above are they belong to edge servers or central servers which are making call to origin servers.

Hi,

We are not subscribed to Cloudflare and we are using “html2canvas” function from hosted site “cdnjs.cloufalre.com”. My client reported that they are viewing a traffic IP belongs to Cloudflare and they don’t want whitelist ip range 172.64.0.0/13" as its a big range of IP’s to whitelist

Query - Will Cloudlfare will do a post call ? is that work in that way. Help much appreciated!

PS: My client had dns setup on Cloudflare and we are on Godaddy.

Hi,

We are not subscribed to Cloudflare and we are using “html2canvas” function from hosted site “cdnjs.cloufalre.com”. My client reported that they are viewing a traffic IP belongs to Cloudflare and they don’t want whitelist ip range 172.64.0.0/13" as its a big range of IP’s to whitelist

Query - Will Cloudlfare will do a post call ? is that work in that way. Trying to understand what might happening in the background. Help much appreciated!

Hi,

Query - Will Cloudlfare will do a post call ? is that work in that way. Help much appreciated!

If your client has set up Cloudflare to proxy the traffic, all connections will come from Cloudflare’s IP addresses. You could use the CF-Connecting-IP header to get the visitors IP or use :ngrey: DNS-only mode to let visitors connect directly to your IP (this would disable most of Cloudflares functionality tho).

Thanks Tom for your inputs! I will try that and see.

1 Like

We don’t have any conditions set on visitor’s IP. My client saying for a post call request they are looking an Cloudflare Ip instead our origin IP. For me not making any sense as CDN mechanism will not do post cal or ingest any ip’s while replying to client call, in general cdn for it is for filtering the incoming traffic from source to destination and for performance. I am new to the CDN, no ideas whats going in the background.

Any ideas, pls suggest.

Basically what Cloudflare does is it gets all the requests from your visitors, and then forwards it to your server. Due to this behaviour, your server (if proxied through Cloudflare) will always see Cloudflare’s IP addresses connecting. That’s why you should whitelist all Cloudflare IP addresses.

If you want to see the IP of the visitor, you’d have to either set your domains to :ngrey: DNS-only mode (effectively disabling most Cloudflare features) or look at the provided CF-Connecting-IP header that tells you the IP of the visitor:

But all that is only for domains proxied by Cloudflare, not for the cdnjs.cloudflare.com part.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.