Not sure what I'm asking - Please read and help

I’m new to all of this. We just transfered our DNS servers from Godaddy to cloudflare… At the same time our main website is now being hosted by another company that runs a website builder. Ok, hope that all makes sense. BUT we have some other web pages that are still in hosted at godaddy that we want to be able to access internally. I can get to them through “cpanel” because I have the ip address and can use the password. Does anyone know a way that I can get to those to work again through a redirect or something. They used to work by typing www.ourwebsite.net/thepageiwant But now that doesn’t work because they aren’t hosted at same place our main website is hosted. If that doesn’t make sense I appologize.

You need to find a way to get that other server to respond to some other hostname. Maybe as a subdomain of your current domain.

If cPanel will let you “alias” that domain as a subdomain, then you can add the cPanel site’s IP address as a that subdomain on your Cloudflare DNS.

Thank you for responding. Okay how do I put the subdomain ip in Cloudflare DNS? I need as much help as you can give me.

Once you have created the subdomain with your host, just go to the DNS tab in Cloudflare, at the top, select A to create a new A record, enter the subdomain than you want in the name box and enter the IP in the box. Just add the record there and you should be good to go!

You will need to set it to :orange: if you want to use the CF services on it or :grey: if not.

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.