Not secure, SSL not activating

Hey everyone,

There’s a domain www.thehorsetribe dot com which was previously pointing to Clickfunnels with CNAME.

Now need this to point to Searchie with CNAME ingress.searchie dot io

I removed the domain from CF and added the Searchie CNAME, it’s not pointing to the right place but, SSL is not active.

I’ve added DNS only. If I add proxied then it will point back to ClickFunnels even if I already deleted that cname.

Any suggestions how to fix “not secure” issue?

Thanks!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

May I ask if this says your Web browser or Searchie interface? :thinking:

I can see SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN error in my Web browser.
Maybe the Searchie cannot provide a valid SSL certificate for your domain name.

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Furthermore, maybe you have to switch the CNAME to :orange: to make it work and it should containt target to the searchie hostname.

When CNAME is pointed to Searchie hostname and :orange:, does it point and load content from it or not?

• might have to wait for few minutes or use “Purge Everything” in the Caching → Configuration …
  • or try using a different Web browser, or clearing your Web browser cache, or via a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible, or even using a mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular) just in case to confirm

In case if not, you might want to contact Clickfunnels and kindly ask them to re-check and release/unhook your domain name from them as a SaaS integrator of Cloudflare services for your domain name.

Therefore, just in case, kindly may I ask you to please re-check if both:

1. A www or CNAME www :orange:
  2. A thehorsetribe.com or CNAME thehorsetribe.com :orange:

Are existing under the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name and if so, does it point to your new hosting / server IP address / Searchie?

Hello,

Thanks for replying!

As I understood, Searchie does not provide SSL certificate, it needs to be done through Cloudflare.

In Cloudflare I have selected Full, by default.

CNAME is pointing to Searchie right not, page is loading, but it’s not secure.

Previously when I turned the C NAME record to orange cloud (proxied), the domain pointed back to Clickfunnels which was weird. I’ll try it again.

Yes, double checked, www CNAME with orange cloud pointing to searchie.

I don’t understand #2 you wrote.

I double checked.

IF orange cloud (proxied) www CNAME to searchie, then domain points back to Clickfunnels. I don’t understand why… Clickfunnels’ CNAME was removed everywhere.

This will be due to the fact that Clickfunnels used Cloudflare for SaaS. Please contact them and ask them to remove any Cloudflare configurations for your domain, specifically SSL for SaaS / Custom Hostnames.

You should also be aware that by Searchie not issuing SSL Certificates and instructing you to use Full that they are making your site insecure. More info in Why you should choose Full Strict, and only Full Strict.

What do you mean by they are making my site insecure? What’s the solution then? What do I need to do in Cloudflare? Select Full Strict?

Contacted Clickfunnels, here’s their reply…

Thanks for reaching out! I’ll be assisting you today.

I understand you need help with releasing the domain from ClickFunnels. The DNS records look perfect. Also, your domain is not pointing to ClickFunnels (view the screenshot below).

That said, the issue resides within in Cloudflare. I recommend reaching out to them for further assistance.
Kind regards,

Careem Tinsley
ClickFunnels

They are instructing you to use Cloudflare to mask the fact that they are not issuing a certificate for your domain. This means the commendation between Cloudflare and them is not validated.

Clickfunnels are not understanding the issue, the DNS records are not pointing to them however they have not properly removed your domain from their Cloudflare for SaaS integration.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.