Not receiving emails via Bluehost! DNS settings seems fine

After changing to Cloudfare nameservers on Bluehost, my sent emails are received.

However, any attempts to reply to my emails are eventually met with an ‘Undelivered Mail Return to Sender’ message.

Have read several guidelines, but am unsure as to what I’m looking for exactly, so am still unclear about what to do.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with receiving and/or sending e-mails while using Coudflare for your domain name.

What is your domain name?

Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

Furthermore, if you recently moved your domain to your Cloudflare account, I could try to troubleshoot at first sight without knowing anything other as it could be related to either:

1. Wrongly setup e-mail related DNS records at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name
  2. Possibly missing some TXT/CNAME records (for SPF, DKIM, DMARC if so?)
  3. You are using a hostname like yourdomain.com which is :orange: (proxied) rather than the unproxied :grey: (DNS-only) like mail.yourdomain.com (possible this one not existing or is :orange: instead of being :grey:) at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard, in your e-mail client for sending/receiving server (MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.)

May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

I would also recommend looking into the below article due to further prevention of your e-mails being marked as a SPAM at the recipient’s side:

Nevertheless, using online tools on the links below you could test and troubleshoot more what is going on with your e-mails:

Otherwise, you might have to troubleshoot if the port like 110/143/993/995 and 25/465/587 is open at your web hosting and contact Bluehost to check this for you. If they are not open, then I am afraid you may not be able to receive any emails from using that web hosting/email provider.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response.

It provided me with clear steps on how to identify where my settings may have been entered incorrectly.

After having checked the settings, and with the guidance provided, I felt far more confident to engage in a lengthy help chat with Bluehost which has finally resolved the issue.

Had I not had your response, I doubt very much I’d be sending/receiving email right now.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.