Not receiving email 2FA code

Hello,

I’m trying to log into my Cloudflare account, but because my home IP changed it’s asking for a code sent to my email. Forum login is working okay.

I’ve double checked spam/junk and email rules.

How can I go about unblocking my account?

Thanks!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, it knows to happen if your email address somehow got to be on the suppression list due to an opt-out, or bounces :thinking:

Can you add [email protected] and [email protected] to your email allowlist? You may also want to search for mail from those senders. @cloonan

May I ask if it is the same e-mail you are using here on community?
If not, kindly reply here with the answer to the above question (don’t post your e-mail here due to the privacy concer) and someone from Cloudflare staff would start a private message and you can share details there to help you to find a solution.

Kindly, I’d suggest you to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this issue:

• send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account
1 Like

Thank you @fritex. I do see the bounced emails @kaleb.bernou and have removed your address from the list causing that. LMK if you are able to login at dash.cloudflare.com. Sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the responses. I’ve made sure to add the addresses as approved senders on my end, but when attempting to log in I’m still met with a 2FA screen and no email.

Is there anything else I can do here? Or should I give it more time, raise this with my company’s email server admin, or something else?

As @ Cloonan metioned, you are getting bounced responces (Such as "Undeivlered Mail - Returned To Sender/RTS) bounces more than likely!

Here is a list of common bouncebacks

Code Explanation
550 User’s mailbox was unavailable (such as not found).
551 The recipient is not local to the server.
552 The action was aborted due to exceeded storage allocation.
553 The command was aborted because the mailbox name is invalid.

Note: Error codes may vary from site to site and gmail is the most widely used email service, so I’ve attached a link to their support article! If you are using a different email service, lmk and I’ll try to find a support article from that support’s website!

Other commonly used email services (such as Yahoo) and their support links

Note: The above article only describes the 550.5.1.10 error in outlook, not other error codes in general for Outlook!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/979215?page=2

Note: The link above is to an external fourm

The examples above are only a few - I wasn’t going to attach every link as I would probably hit the “max_link_limit” or something like that!

Thanks for the information. I’ll take it up with my company’s email admin in that case. We use an older and more esoteric email service so I’m not super surprised, and public information is sparse.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.