Not receiving certain emails with Zoho email through Cloudflare

Hello,

I’ve been searching for an answer or any insight as to how to solve this issue I’m experiencing, but I can’t find a solution. I hadn’t realized until last week that certain emails were not getting through to my inbox. I noticed this after trying to sign up to use Mailchimp to create an emailing campaign. They sent a validation email which I never received. After digging around I realized this happens with other senders as well.

However, I am receiving some other emails, and that’s what has me confused. I checked the configuration here in Cloudflare and everything seems to be OK. I started changing things around last night to see if that fixed the issue (updated DKIM, SPF, etc) but nothing worked. Below are the records I currently have for my domain 3a.cl.

*I redacted some of the records since they are unrelated to the main domain (subdomains for clients, etc)

My website is hosted in a Linode server, my email is with Zoho and everything goes through Cloudflare.

I’m really surprised about this and it has me wondering if I had lost any important emails over the past 4+ years that I’ve had my emails under this configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with receiving and/or sending e-mails while using Coudflare for your domain name.

Hm, at first sight, when I check the e-mail related DNS records for your domain name, it looks good to me.

May I ask you to double-check your e-mail client (MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird …) settings too? :thinking:

Nevertheless, using online tools on the links below you could test and troubleshoot more what is going on with your e-mails:

Just in case, may I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

In terms of SPF, DKIM and DMARC, it’s good to have them. I would also recommend looking into the below article due to further prevention of your e-mails being marked as a SPAM at the recipient’s side:

Thanks for responding @fritex. Regarding your comments,

I have checked the settings in both my email clients. Zoho’s webmail client seems ok, and Gmail (where I have my emails forwarded to) seems ok as well. Also, the same messages are received on both inboxes, so I don’t think it’s a settings problem on the client side.

Checked the spammynes of my email from the first link you sent, I got a 10/10 score.

I’ll go through the article you sent, but I think I already have most of that in place. A side question… Is it risky that I posted that screenshot with my server’s IP address? Should I remove that?

What else can I try? Is anybody else dealing with a similar issue? I’m still not able to receive the MailChimp confirmation email (or others I’ve tried after noticing that one didn’t come through).

Thanks,
Martin

Is nobody else experiencing issues with Zoho/Cloudflare regarding certain emails not being received?

I’ve checked the settings, contacted support on both ends, monitored DMARC delivery reports… Everything looks fine but I just don’t receive emails from certain senders (big company names, Mailchimp for example).

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.