Not able to install cloudflare

Hi,

I am trying to install cloudflare on https://knowledgemaps.org/ but it;s saying that nameserver already hosted on cloudflare but I never installed it via any of my cloudflare account. I think previous owner of domain had installed cloudflare on this domain but never removed so after under the new ownership of domain name, kindly take a look at domain and locate the current account associated with it and remove domain name from there so that I can install a fresh cloudflare on it.

The name servers aren’t on Cloudflare at the moment. Where does this message show?

That won’t happen, as you would need to verify ownership. And that won’t happen here.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m using hostinger as a host for my domain and when I’m trying to install cloudflare via hostinger panel then the message is being shown there that already hosted on cloudflare server.

So now who can solve the issue ?

I would highly suggest adding cloudflare in the more traditional way. Add it directly in Cloudflare’s dashboard.

Partners are often a pain to deal with.

They resolve to Cloudflare IPs, so potentially Spectrum protecting the DNS, or some kind of Partner setup on the Parking DNS servers.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t check as they said parking in the name… I assumed it was a registrar default nameserver.

So what do you suggest to do?

Contact your hosting provider’s support. They are the only ones that can help, unless you try (which should work) and add Cloudflare directly via the Cloudflare website.

1 Like

I talked to customer support of hostinger again and they are forcing that I have cloudflare account and site is added in that account. So remove the site from your cloudflare account and then try to install cloudflare from hostinger platform.
But again, I never installed cloudflare on knowledgemaps.org, can you try to locate the email account for which the domain is associated if exist or can you tell me clearly that same domain is added in cloudflare yes or not? Now The situation is like paradox.

It does seem to have been added, as it returns some NS from Cloudflare, but no one will be able to tell you the account it was added to.

dig ns knowledgemaps.org @woz.ns.cloudflare.com

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> ns knowledgemaps.org @woz.ns.cloudflare.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 22697
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;knowledgemaps.org.		IN	NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
knowledgemaps.org.	86400	IN	NS	jerry.ns.cloudflare.com.
knowledgemaps.org.	86400	IN	NS	lina.ns.cloudflare.com.

Sign-up to Cloudflare (https://dash.cloudflare.com/sign-up) and add it there. It’s way easier and you remove the partner, which, trust me, will cause tons of issues in support.

Fine, Lets assume that If I ever had a cloudflare account associated with that domain but now I am not able to recall it so now I create a new account to install cloudflare on same domain. What can i do now? Can the domain associated with cloudflare not be disconnected on request so that we can move forward?

It will provide you with a different pair of name servers, you change those at the registrar and it will switch account. The old association will vanish within a week (but will be deactivated as soon as you switch).

Fine, Just shared this conversation link with hostinger technical support, I hope they come up with a perfect solution with this.

That will probably need to be done by you, and not by Hostinger (unless they are the registrar as well, but I don’t think they will do it regardless).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.