Hello and I hope you are well,
We just moved our domain from Godaddy to Cloudflare and completed the 4 steps on December 22, 2021 (unlock domain, disable privacy, enter auth token, complete 1 year renewal payment) and it was all done yesterday, but today when we got the mail from Godaddy to continue the transfer, the process stuck there because the domain has already expired on December 23/2021. After calling Godaddy customer services they said just wait 5 or 7 days because the transfer already done, but we haven’t yet agreed on the last step to confirm because we are unable to do it because they revoked the confirmation link? ! Just my question is is this safe, I’m afraid I’ll lose our Domain in between these process ? Please any advice?
Hello and I hope you are well,
Transferring the domain with less than a week remaining is rather risky and we have seen a few messes resulting from that. Most transfers take 5 days.
What’s the domain?
Hi and thank you for your reply,
Last 2 months we transferred 2 domains to Cloudflare with same process but suddenly we faced this issue with this domain . the domain name is (afiaty.com)…
The transfer shows as in process on your dash, you can accelerate the process by approving the transfer on the godaddy side. I’d do that asap. Let us know how it works out as the expiry is showing as today.
$ whois afiaty.com Domain Name: AFIATY.COM Registry Domain ID: 2084170400_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com Updated Date: 2021-12-22T12:41:35Z Creation Date: 2016-12-23T10:39:11Z Registry Expiry Date: 2021-12-23T10:39:11Z Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC Registrar IANA ID: 146 Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected] Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505 Domain Status: pendingTransfer https://icann.org/epp#pendingTransfer
Thank you for your reply … I tried to proceed for approving the transfer but the problem I am not able to proceed with (Continue with transfer) and we got error msg (screenshot attached) . And as mentioned earlier , their customer service advised us to wait for 5 or 7 days which looks weird for me because we can’t renew the domain or make sure it’s transferred!!
Having to wait is unnerving; I adjusted your permissions here so that you can share the error image in a post. There is a grace period after an expiration during which time the domain can still be renewed, it sounds like godaddy wants you to wait until the renewal/expiry is processed on their end and then transfer it. A member of our registrar team is online today and they can take a look at this if you’re still encountering issue; I am not sure we can do anything on our end until godaddy releases the domain.
Thank you for your reply…It made me feel reassured. Thank you Clonnan
As far as I know the transfer should go through fine, however, I have asked my team if there is anything we need to be aware of. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
The team got back saying unless the losing registrar deletes the domain or rejects the transfer request it should still transfer. You should be able to approve the transfer from within your Godaddy dashboard. Can you confirm you have done that?
Thanks for your reply… Sorry for the late reply I was out of connections. I was unable to proceed with the transfer process or even to confirm it and I contacted the customer service providers who asked me just to wait for few more days as they checked the status of my case and found to be pending still… Can I forward you the access details to check my Godaddy’s dashboard? This issue gives me a big headache with vague feelings…
I need to thank all of you for your great support and really appreciate your help with this matter… Thank you very much and God bless you and your family…
Your domain, afiaty.com, is now registered with Cloudflare.
We hope you are having a wonderful experience with Cloudflare Registrar. If you’d like to transfer additional domains, add them to your Cloudflare account and you can start moving them over as well.
The Cloudflare Registrar team
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.