None of my DNS records are working

None of my DNS records are resolving with Cloudflare. I have ones for Cloudflare pages, Deno deploy, mail, and game servers on my domain, and none of them seem to work. The name servers are set correctly within my registrar (njal.la), and whois web apps show that they are correct as well. When I run the diagnostics on my domain, it says the name servers aren’t correct, but I don’t think this is the issue.

I think the nameservers are correct. This domain has been working with no issues for a while now. This only started happening a few days ago (yesterday or the day before, maybe). These are the results I get from whois.com and also what is set in my registrar:

nserver:     byron.ns.cloudflare.com
nserver:     lilith.ns.cloudflare.com

Unfortunately I cannot provide any detailed help without knowing the domain name. You send send it in a PM if you prefer.
You can also check for issues with the domain at: https://dnsviz.net/ which can provide hints at what is wrong (a good 3rd party resource).

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure how to PM, but the domain name is dumpster.fr

The subdomains set up in Cloudflare DNS seem to be affected, too

This is the information from whois:
domain: dumpster.fr

so this means your registrar or AFNIC (the .fr registry) have blocked you domain. Their NS records are missing from the .fr zone:

# dig ns dumpster.fr @d.nic.fr 

; <<>> DiG 9.16.8-Ubuntu <<>> ns dumpster.fr @d.nic.fr
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 911
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
; COOKIE: 0332fed125cbb73b01000000614dedf837748f7c2ca050fc (good)
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;dumpster.fr.			IN	NS

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
fr.			5400	IN	SOA	nsmaster.nic.fr. hostmaster.nic.fr. 2228544395 3600 1800 3600000 5400

Unfortunately there is not much Cloudflare can do here so you need to contact your registrar about the issue

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.