No Support for domain owners

I have tried repeatedly to recover a lost account with my domains registered with Cloudflare. The stupid email bot directs me to do things I cannot do without a website I don’t have. I cannot transfer them to my other account because transfer is prohibited. I am going to lose my domains because support cannot support me or offer other means of verification. I now regret leaving 1and1 which had real people and support.

Yes I am ranting because I [email protected] is useless to me.

Kindly, may I ask what is your ticket number? Can you post it here?
Maybe @cloonan could reach out.

1 Like

The best I got was on Ticket 2122272, where @support confirmed that I cannot access my old account to grant access to transfer to my new account.

Thanks,

Danny {redacted}

Regards,

Danny {redacted}

How we prioritize your issue

Cloudflare support responds to every ticket received in the following priority order:

• Enterprise
  • Business
  • Pro
  • Free

Cloudflare Support strives to respond to our customers as quickly as possible. Urgent issues (site down, under attack) are prioritized for the quickest response possible. Below are definitions of the priority levels Cloudflare assigns to tickets, and the associated Service Level Agreement (SLA) or Service Level Objective (SLO). Whenever possible, responses are provided quicker than the noted SLAs.

Priority definitions

• P1 - Service is significantly impaired and unavailable to multiple user locations.

• For example: site down issues or an ongoing attack.
  • P2 - Repeated inability to use the Service from a single location or localized region.

• For example: a localized denial of service issue. Such issue may be to a single website or even a single server.
  • P3 - An issue, that whilst potentially service impacting, does not prevent service usage

• For example: purely informational requests, reports, or usage questions, or clarifications regarding documentation, or performance that whilst usable, is considered less than ideal
  • P4 - General questions related to Cloudflare’s products and services

Premium SLA

• P1 - initial response in 1 hour
  • P2 - initial response in 2 hours
  • P3 - initial response in 24 hours
  • P4 - initial response in 24 hours

Enterprise SLA

• P1 - initial response in 2 hours
  • P2 - initial response in 4 hours
  • P3 - initial response in 48 hours
  • P4 - initial response in 48 hours

Business SLO

• P1 - initial response in 8 hours
  • P2 - initial response in 12 hours
  • P3 - initial response in 72 hours
  • P4 - initial response in 72 hours

SLOs for other plans

• Pro SLO - 5 days for all priority levels
  • Free customers - No SLAs are offered, but customers are responded to in the order in which their request is received. For a quicker answer, we highly recommend searching or posting on our Community forums.

Guidelines for contacting Cloudflare support

Cloudflare Support cannot perform the following actions:

• Make configuration or account changes on a customer’s behalf,
  • Provide sensitive account info over the phone, or
  • Troubleshoot or answer questions about domains not associated with the Cloudflare account email address used to contact support.

Do not share any sensitive information, such as passwords, credit card numbers, private keys, or API keys with Cloudflare.

Before notifying Cloudflare of an issue with your site, refer to the Cloudflare Status Page. If reporting issues with your site, ensure to provide adequate details in the support ticket.

Thanks {redacted},

Now how do I recover my domain names from Cloudflare without MFA, recovery codes, or a website tied to any of my domains?

Absurdity is yours,

Danny {redacted}

Hi @deconfb can you share the name of the domain? I don’t see it on the ticket

What good would you do? The domains are transfer prohibited, so I cannot simply move them to another account. I tried before and the system says update the nameservers. I cannot get into the account to make those changes nor apply my codes for transfer.

I’d first make sure your ticket has the details that support needs to know and next I’ll route it to the registrar team to check out what’s going on and see if they can assist, they’ve helped in the past where customers get caught between account access and registrar. I don’t know if/how they’ll be able to assist, but if I can give them the details that helps to figure out what’s going on.

Edit - I see the agent merged a number of tickets into the above and escalated it to the appropriate team. I’ve add a link to this conversation and cc’d myself on the ticket to monitor progress.

dannyecausey.com
dannyecausey.net
dannyecausey.org

Need nameservers nick and rafe. They currently use earl and erin.ns.cloudflare.com

1 Like

@cloonan,

Have had any luck? I was contacted last night on the ticket to verify the last 4 of the credit card, but it has gone silent since then.

1 Like

I saw that come through last night, thank you. I’ll reach out to the team to see if they need any more details (I don’t think so) and confirm back. Thank you.

Finally got access again and saved my account. Don’t mention MFA when asking for help. Be as vague as possible so you get a real person and not the bot. I guess they worked with billing to verify my current payment method. Left me hanging for few days and eventually removed two-factor.

Hope this helps anyone else with the domain names and no other service.