"No Internet" Since 2 Months or so

In the past 2 months I have been experience “no internet” on my router when I use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 DNS servers. By “no internet” I mean that the router is keep showing ‘connecting…’ and the LED light for the Internet is orange. But I do have internet access. Moreover, even the NTP servers are not working to get the time.

I thought that the problem is with my router or some TP-Link service, but it appears that it is not. More about this can be found in my topic here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/204286

Unfortunately that really is a topic you need to discuss over at that forum. Cloudflare cannot influence your router’s connectivity and if the router shows a wrong status when you change the nameservers, then that is something only the router manufacturer can fix.

Thank you for your answer.

I contacted my router’s manufacturer and they said the following:

“We’re not very sure why the Cloudflare DNS servers didn’t work now when I consulted your case with the senior, they said the DNS server is blocked, so we suggest you change to the Google’s DNS Server which is powerful enough.”

As I mentioned, whenever I change the DNS to other providers, everything works. Cloudflare seems to be the only one causing issues and I do not understand why.

As I said, Cloudflare cannot have any influence on your connectivity. Thats something up to your router. If they believe there is an issue with their software and 1.1.1.1 they’d need to debug that and provide concrete feedback on what they believe the issue to be, but thats still something they will need to fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.