No improvements with CDN?

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I’d suggest you to:

1. Optimize origin host / WordPress and tune-up your PHP values
  2. Install some plugin for Page Cache like WP Super Cache
  3. Leverage the CPU load and PHP generating the pages with loading the resources on your origin host/server with Cloudflare’s “Auto-minify” option for HTML, CSS and JS (no need to use minify plugin for it)
  4. Depending on the Cloudflare plan you’re using, play a bit with enabling the features like Rocket Loader, HTTP/2, HTTP/3 (Quic), 0-RTT … on a Pro plan you can take the advantage of the TCP Turbo, Enhanced HTTP/2 Prioritization, Mirage and Polish
  5. Enable “Argo Tiered Cache” (free) and try out the “Argo Smart Routing” (paid) feature for a month or less
  6. Try out Cloudflare APO for WordPress for a month to test out things
  7. Upgrade to some advanced hosting like a VPS server or a shared hosting with additional features like Redis / Memcached / OPCache to help you out

If even the WP admin dashboard is slow, I am afraid you should look for better web hosting provider or upgrade your plan (which might cost you too much, depending on the provider), or at least troubleshoot your theme and plugins:

From my experience, WordPress knows to “hang” and be difficult (especially when using much plugins or at least WooCommerce and similar in combination like multi-language, etc.) to handle on a shared web hosting plan.

Might want to try out to tune-up your PHP values a bit at your server/hosting provider/cPanel if you can:

memory_limit = 256M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 1000
max_input_vars = 5000 or 7000
post_max_size = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 32M

You should install some of the WordPress caching plugin for cache like WP Super Cache:

Might depend on your origin host / web server what have you got installed, therefore all of the things might not be enabled and cannot be if you’re on a shared hosting.

Nevertheless, regarding performance, you can try out and configure Cloudflare APO for WordPress for a month and see how it goes:

3 Likes