No E-commerce Data in Google Analytics Despite Event Tracking with Zaraz

Hello,

I’ve set up event tracking in Google Analytics through Zaraz, mirroring my Google Tag Manager settings and using WooCommerce’s dataLayer. Events are logged correctly, but no e-commerce data appears in the e-commerce section even after waiting over 24 hours.

Has anyone experienced similar delays or discrepancies with Zaraz, where e-commerce data fails to show up in Google Analytics? Any insights or solutions to ensure timely and accurate e-commerce data visibility would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The items parameter in the view_item event looks like this. I don’t know if it is right or wrong.

Thank you!

That’s not how you track ecommerce events with Zaraz. See zaraz.ecommerce · Cloudflare Zaraz docs

Do we need to add script codes to each relevant page in order to track an e-commerce site with woocommerce infrastructure?

Hello, are you there? @yoav_zaraz

We do not provide support for each and every platform on the internet. If you’re using WooCommerce, I recommend checking out Cloudflare Zaraz for WooCommerce - Beetle Tracking - The #1 WordPress Server-side Tracking Plugin for Cloudflare. . Otherwise you should probably use zaraz.ecommerce().

Do you resolved this problem? I have similar one.

Instead of using a plugin, we need to add trigger php codes in woocommerce. It will be very nice if there is a software developer who can do this.

That’s exactly what Cloudflare Zaraz for WooCommerce - Beetle Tracking - The #1 WordPress Server-side Tracking Plugin for Cloudflare. does