Newbie needing help with updating SPF records

Hi everyone

Complete newbie here, in way over my head.

The small business I work for is having issues with email sending, either they don’t send or they go straight into people’s junk mail. I spoke with email provider Go Daddy who told me this -

“after deep diving into your issue and reviewing your domain DNS here is what I found issue is.
I see your domain is missing SPF records for your email which is causing the issue and directing emails to spam or junk folders.
Moreover, I see your domain is hosted with third party hosting provider ’ cloudflare.com’ hence we will not have edit access to update below records as they are managing your DNS.
Can you please access DNS on ‘cloudflare.com’ and update below SPF records?
Type: TXT record
Host: @
Value: v=spf1 mx -all
TTL: 1hour”

I had no knowledge of cloudfare before they said this but found the login and here I am. I have been to the DNS management part and clicked Add Record, adding as suggested above.

So far no change to email delivering capabilities. Am I missing a step? Do I need to delete anything already in the DNS management part?

I don’t know what any of these abbreviations mean or what I am doing, but hope to resolve the issue. Any help or advice (in simple language) greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Katey

Go to dmarcian.com and they’ll show you what records are working.

My favorite email delivery tester is mail-tester.com. It will show how well your SPF, etc. records are working.

2 Likes

https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/dmarc/dmarc-record-check/ is one I regularly use :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.