Newbie issue: Gmail Business Starter not receiving emails

What is the name of the domain?

thebackyardrecords.com

What is the error number?

No error. I just don’t receive emails on G Suite

What is the error message?

No error messafe

What is the issue you’re encountering

I setup Gsuite email functionality with the domain I registered through Cloudflare and i’m not receiving emails

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

None so far. Not sure where to start!

What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

1. Send an email to my gmail business account: [email protected]
  2. No email received

Your domain has no MX records, so it cannot receive emails.

It seems you only verified your domain with Google, but you didn’t complete the additional steps required to activate your domain to allow Google Workspace (Gmail) to send and receive emails for your domain.

Go to your Google Workspace dashboard and navigate to Account > Domains > Manage Domains. Do you see “Gmail Activated” under STATUS?

If not, click “Activate Gmail” and follow the prompt to set up Gmail’s MX record for your domain. Use the wizard to sign in to your Cloudflare account to automate the process.

NB: Let’s add the MX records to get incoming emails working first. Afterwards, we can worry about adding SPF and DKIM records to prevent spoofing and enhance deliverability.

That’s odd. When I ran it through the tester at cf.sjr.org.uk :: Cloudflare Things earlier, it came back with smtp.google.com. It is still showing up on a subsequent test.

https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?1d4ed4f57fa34ec495ca5ffdeb50b289#dns-mail

1 Like

I can see the record now. But it wasn’t there when I checked earlier (started this post about 15-ish minutes ago, but had to step out to put out some other fire :smiley: )

1 Like

Did you get this working, @fontoledo?

I did! MX records werent configured. Now they are!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.