New to Cloudflare - images not loading - just alt text

insideweddings

Thanks in advance for any insight or help you can offer. I switched the nameservers to Cloudfront yesterday and all was fine initially. During the setup, Cloudflare prompted me to use the Optimization Wizard on the dashboard to speed up the site more. Unfortunately, I opted to activate many of the features not understanding how they could negatively impact delivery of the site. Once complete, I quickly realized that images were no longer being displayed and alt text was appearing instead. I attempted to pause Cloudflare and it did not appear to change anything. Perhaps I did not wait long enough, but I ended up reverting the name servers to the original settings on AWS and went to bed.

This morning, the site was fine and images displayed as they should. Today, I attempted to research what might have caused the issue. I was not successful but attempted to disable all of the options I activated last night. I just changed the nameservers back to Cloudflare and thought I would try again. Once I resumed Cloudflare, I almost immediately had the image issue again and the images failed to load and alt text displayed in their absence.

Please help me understand what I’ve done wrong and how I can fix the issue. I assume the issue can be resolved.

Thanks

When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center what were the results?
Everything seems to be fine when I ran Cloudflare diagnostics.

No images appear on the site after activating Cloudflare. Everything else appears to okay.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?. Yes – no change.

I went through each of the steps in the Troubleshooting Missing Images post (Rocket Loader and Mirage were not enabled) – and it changed nothing. Images still do not load in Incognito Window.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.