New & site not working

OK. I bought this to try and increase the speed of loading of my website.
Currently the website name is hosted at CrazyDomains (Australia), and the domain name servers are pointed correctly.
I am seeing ridiculous information on traffic re the site, and yet the pages do not work, I get “Problem Loading Page”

"The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to www.townsvilleprivateinvestigator.com.au.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

I don’t refuse cookies.

Can you please head over to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls and check your current SSL/TLS encryption mode?

If it is currently set to Flexible, then switch to Full (Strict).

Done. Thank you. And it worked.
Can you tell me why it did not before (for my own information)?

Glad I could help. You might want to mark the above post as a solution, so future readers knows it’s solved (and which exact post that did it).

As for the longer explanation:

When you are not running with Full (strict), the connection between Cloudflare and the server hosting your site is not properly secured.

The server hosting your website saw Cloudflare making the “insecure” request to your server, and your server sent the request to redirect to a secure communication, which Cloudflare then passed on to your browser.

Since the link it tried to redirect to was the exact same link as your browser was on, your browser would then try the same request again, and Cloudflare would again make the insecure request due to the SSL/TLS encryption mode, and the redirect would therefore happen over and over, as an endless loop, until your browser eventually gives up.

When you see an error like the one you showed, e.g. either “page isn’t redirecting properly” or “too many redirects”, it is very likely due to this kind of thing happening.

1 Like

Thanks for that.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.