New domain link to hostgator

To whom it may concern,

I just purchased a new domain at cloudflare. When I am trying to link it with my hosting company hostgator, I am informed to change the DNS to use the nameservers from hostgator, instead of the ones assigned by cloudflare. But the cloudflare does not allow the change of nameservers. I manually added the nameservers from hostgator, but it still did not work. Please let me know how to resolve this issue!
Thanks a lot!
CL

You shouldn’t have to change name servers to use Hostgator. Just the DNS entries should be enough. They should have a DNS records page with all the records you would need to add over here.

@sdayman you are correct

@user15693 if you have a domain at Cloudflare and you have purchased hosting at HostGator then you will probably have to add some A records, you will find those A records in your Hostgator dashboard, otherwise you can contact their support :+1:

Hi all
Thanks for your quick response. The hostgator gave me the DNS related information and I manually added them. But I am still not able to access the domain I got from Cloudflare to use wordpress. I have added a screenshot please let me know if there is any way I can bypass this nameservers change that was required by the hosting provider.
Thanks again!
CL

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.