This happened after Upgraded Cloudflare to Pro, not sure whether it is the cause and how to fix it.
- A wordpress site wp-admin backend connected through cloudflare proxy, set to cache “by pass” rule
- Chrome Tab #1: Open a post edit page and save it. This save process will take about 20s to complete.
- Chrome Tab #2: While tab #1 is running open another tab #2 on same Google browser and access any page from the same wp backend example: /wp-admin/edit.php listing all posts
- Chrome Tab #2 must wait for tab #1 to finish its task then only it will load. The “network tab” status says “pending”
- Firefox Tab #1: While Chrome tab #1 save post is still running, open any page from the same wp backend example: /wp-admin/edit.php on Firefox, the page will load properly with no issue (dont have to wait for chrome tab #1 to finish to load).
- The case is same vice versa with chrome and firefox browser.
- The scenario does not happen on another similar site with similar setup but with cloudflare free.
- The scenario did not happen before upgrade to Cloudflare pro.
- The scenario always happen when tab 1 runs any long running script. Tab 2 will always need to wait for tab 1 to finish executing its script before loading any other page from the same wp-admin. Tab 2 will end up as Error 524 Cloudflare cannot reach server because its busy if tab 1 script runs too long.
What is going on here and how to solve it?