Never get validation email for whois

One of my domains whois information for Registrant Contact never gets the validation email. I was originally using Cloudflare Email Routing but never got an email from Cloudflare Registrar. Other emails flow without a problem. I then switched it to my own MX server again and waited a while for DNS cache to invalidate however still no luck. I get no error on the website and it gives me a green check mark like it sent the email.

I show them as being delivered. If you’re still having issues, can you please ensure the following addresses are on the allowlist at your origin mail server: [email protected] and [email protected]?

yes I’ve confirmed via the server mail logs and just tried again. I’m not getting any email from anything related to cloudflare. Most likely the success your seeing is the email I get from the email address change request to the passinbox[.]com email address but never for the main email of domain-admin@b*******[.]net which I need to validate ownership.

I just did a test to confirm my email server does work correctly for cloudflare. Instead of using passinbox[.]com for the email address change I used another email address on my mail server with the same domain. I get that but again never the validation email of the original email. I’ve sent email to that address and confirm it flows.

Can you create an account ticket and share the email address that is not receiving the validation email?

You can create an account ticket here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support. Once you have a ticket number, please share it here for the Support team to investigate.

I originally created a ticket # 3072629 but got directed to Cloudflare Community. Let me know if that works or if you need someone else. Thanks for all your help!

That works, investigating now…

Thank you, I have flagged your post for the attention of my registrar colleagues. I show the owner of the domain you mentioned as the account you are using here on the Community, not the email you shared on the ticket. Can you double-check your records and share your finding with the agent on the ticket?

I have way too many email address/aliases. I’ve updated the ticket with everything regarding which email address it is and screenshots of what I see within cloudflare[.]com

Hi there,

We’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulties.
Cloudflare support team is following up on #3072629.
Please reply back to the ticket if you need further help on this issue.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help. Turns out that the email was bounced a few times which resulted in being put on a suppression list. Once removed emails started to flow without problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.