Never been able to get cloudflare to work

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
webafford.com and others

Have you searched for an answer?
I gave up

Please share your search results url:
I have used Cloudflare own domain looking for answer, I should not have to go anywhere else for an answer, if you expect this then there is something bigger wrong with Cloudflare organization.

When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center, what were the results?

Describe the issue you are having:
I want a good clear video on how to properly setup free Cloudflare for a simple wordpress website, I don’t want all the pages and pages or useless information, I need a direct simple step by step guide. Where is it? I keep coming back to this over and over, I try once and it doesn’t work and my website goes down. So I have to disable, then I come back months later and try something else and it doesn’t work and same thing all over again, you guys have made the Cloudflare process for individuals so complicated it doesn’t make sense anymore, it is really just for IT workers.

What error message or number are you receiving?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

It means to search here, on the community, since 99% of questions have already been answered.

You might find a handful from the community or some smaller tutorials on Cloudflare’s website but that’s about it. Properly setting up Cloudflare is much more than any simple video will give you.

On the official documentation, under Fundamentals and then ‘New? Start here.’

https://developers.cloudflare.com/fundamentals/get-started/

This is too vague for anyone to offer assistance with - what’s the error you get, what have you tried already, etc

The questions you were asked when making this post but didn’t fill out would mean that someone can give you assistance straight away.

Assuming your website is properly setup, you just set the DNS record to proxied (:orange:) and make sure the SSL/TLS mode is set to Full (Strict)

Anything more is outside the realm of initial setup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.