NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID Error on all sites

Hi!
I’m not sure if I’m in the right category so feel free to move this post if not! I have some sites that were working fine until randomly they stopped and gave this error. All certificates are issued by lets encrypt(using certbot on Ubuntu) or by Cloudflare. I have my SSL on full and have HSTS enabled and this hasn’t caused any issues so far. On the error page it says “Subject: raa.namecheap.com” & “Issuer: Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA”. I dont get why the subject is Namecheap when thats my registrar and I use Cloudflare for DNS. I checked to see if the sites were playing up or the DNS records were broken so I tried pinging all my sites and they all replied successfully. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Kian

That domain is used when Namecheap domains are suspended, so its possible they have suspended your domains, and the DNS is now pointing at their nameservers.

If you click through the warning you will get more information, and should also search for emails from Namecheap in the address you registered the domains using.

Hi!
Thanks for this! Why would a domain get suspended for? We haven’t used our domains for anything illegal we just use it for our Minecraft server.

Kian

Namecheap can tell you but the usual reason is:

Why was my domain suspended?

ICANN requires that any changes of Whois contact information for a domain owner are verified within 15 calendar days.

If new data or changes are not verified in this timeframe, ICANN requires the website to be suspended pending its verification.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.