Need to know the Value / Content of Type A name * for my account

Hi
I have added my DOMAIN to Cloudflare.com, the status is active.

I have added MX RECORDS, It is working.
I have added SPF, it is working.

Problem:
My hosting is BLUEHOST.com, and I have added A Record for the BLUEHOST.com

After several hours, the A records are not updated while I check from https://www.whatsmydns.net/

Assumption:
I didn’t find Type A, Name * record in my DNS settings which should point to cloudflare, I think, this is because of this, can anyone help on this, please?

They appear to reflect Cloudflare IPs

dig vokre.it +short

Hi
Thanks for your reply,

Why I can’t see the A record I have added as per the image of my last post?

From the screenshot, you have two A records (vokre.it, www) pointed to your hosting IP address which is good.

You want an record with @ (you have it already) or * (different one) symbol?

The prefix @ refers to the domain name itself (vokre.it from the screenshot) - it essentially means no prefix.
The prefix www refers to the sub-domain www.vokre.it.

The prefix * is a wildcard – if a DNS request is made for an address that does not have a specific A record setup, then the wildcard IP address will be returned.

My domain nameservers are pointed to Cloudflare.
I have a hosting account with BLUEHOST.com, while I add my domain into BLUEHOST.com for hosting, It gives me 2 options for the hosting.

1- Point the Domain to Bluehost Nameservers (which I don’t want)

2- Create A record in Cloudflare which I have created, as per the screenshot.

It gives the perfect result and shows cloudflare proxied DNS.

Problem:
The BLUEHOST.com wants the A record with their own IP Address which is 50.87.253.113, If I keep the DNS Proxied so it will not reflect the IP Address of 50.87.253.113 which is supposed to be. I don’t want to disable Proxied to compromise the security, Is there any solution for such scenarios?

Hi @FAIQMAHDI,

In short, no. If you have the proxy enabled, you won’t see the server IP. Why do you need to?

1 Like

Hi Domjh

Thank you very much for your reply and for sharing the exact article in which I am facing the challenge.

I don’t want to disable it because I want Cloudflare’s security and performance benefits, in case I disable it Cloudflare will no longer protecting my site.