Need to clean up DNS records

Domain is registered at GoDaddy and nameservers point to Cloudflare. I have DNS setup and working fine with WPEngine as my host. They do not have email. Currently that is handled by my old host Hostgator. I will change to SendinBlue. I have the records from them and am pretty sure I can set that up. But looking at my DNS I see a lot of records. Many of which I do not understand or recognize. I would like to remove any that are not needed, rather than just adding new ones, but I am unsure. I have
10 A records
4 CName, domain, mail, m, www
1 MX
5 SRV
7 TXT records
Does this seem excessive? How can I know what I can remove?

1. That does not seem excessive.
  2. The community can’t help determine what DNS records are needed.
  3. If the DNS aren’t breaking anything, then I wouldn’t edit them.
1 Like

Thanks,
I will limit myself for now to removing anything that is clearly hostgator related.

I’m a fan of keeping the zone clean. You can use the export function via either the web or API to keep a copy of each revision as you make changes. If you combine the export with a version control system you can make reverting to previous data rather easy.

You can minimize the need to restore by investigating unknown records prior to any deletion.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.