Need to change from full to partial dns configuration ticket help is useless

My host, ionos, told me that I need to change the configuration from full to partial. I believe this means it needs to bounce to ionos first. I don’t know how to do this. I paid for a pro plan and now my website is down, handshake failure. help.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Partial (CNAME) setup requires either a Business or Enterprise subscription. Did Ionos explain why they think you need that configuration? You normally should not need that option.

No they did not explain that. It appears that I have just wasted $240 since we paid in full. This was not explained to me when I signed up. But I did look up the difference and I have no idea why I can’t simply switch to partial. I did pay for a pro plan.

As indicated in my original reply, a Partial setup requires a Business plan or an Enterprise plan. It is not available on a Pro plan. That is why you

My recommendation is to solve the underlying issue, which is yet to be determined. Since you don’t know why your host was asking for a partial setup, we don’t know what problem you are trying to solve. Can you ask them about that and let us know what they say?

We need to confirm if cloudflare will accept a third party ssl .this is from ionos.

I am cancelling cloudflare and will report this.

If you are asking if you can provide and use your own certificate on the Cloudflare edge, the answer is yes, as long as you are on a Business or Enterprise subscription.

Can you pull back and give us the big picture overview of what you are hoping to accomplish?

Worst support ever. I paid $240 for nothing. I’m going with ionos for ssl . I am not a website designer or a technician. This is why we hired cloudflare. This support is ridiculous. And I fully expect a refund.

I have been trying to help you for free, but you seem to be letting your frustration sidetrack you.

I don’t yet know what you were hoping to accomplish with Cloudflare, but it is a highly technical, self-service platform. It is not some easy button for SSL, or whatever you may have been imagining. You want your technical staff to be handling your Cloudflare configuration, or at least someone with a working understanding of DNS and HTTPS.

Questions about billing will need to be resolved by the Customer Support team and cannot be resolved on the Community.

To contact the billing team, please submit a new support request from your Cloudflare account directly through the Cloudflare dashboard. Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support and choose Billing.

Very interesting reply. Thank you. I will be using this reply to report cloudflare to trustpilot and to the better business bureau.

We signed up for this, and absolutely nowhere did it say that it was a highly technical service. Absolutely nowhere did it say that we would need to be adept and knowledgeable about servers to sign up.
Oh, and by the way, ionos does this for free. We are now secure. From what I can see, cloudflare is a scam, and I will report it as so. The charges for upgrading are ridiculous. We have had ionos since we started the website, and that was back when aol had the message that said “you’ve got mail” with a dial up modem. Yes, we’ve been in business for that long. I wish I had known that ionos would do this for us. I was recommended to you by Fare Harbor, who handles our online booking.

I am rather surprised by your rude words. I am in the sign business, and my husband is a commercial fisherman, and is involved in aquaculture also. We do quite well in our own respective businesses. I stay so busy that, thankfully, I do not even need much of a website. However, he does need it for his charter business. We rely on other professionals, such as yourself, for help with our technical website issues. It is too bad that some people, such as you, do not have a professional attitude.

Thank you,
Nanci Hobson

Newport Sign & Graphics
432 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
cell 508-527-2071
shop 508-747-4443

I think you need to recheck…

I’m just a volunteer here, and I see nothing I wrote that comes even remotely close to being “rude behavior”. I’m glad you and your husband are both doing well in your respective fields. I am interpreting your long misssive as you being unappreciative of any free assistance I may offer, so I will free you of any such further burden. I wish you both the best of luck with your online projects.

1 Like

If you had read my entire email, you would have noticed that I said we had two separate websites. I really do not use mine, I am busy enough, by far. I actually do not need any more business. I have several larger accounts. It is an embarrassingly simple website, I know.
Wavelengthfishingcharters.com is the one we had on cloudflare.
It is now secure with ionos.
I never bothered to secure mine. But the representative at ionos worked on it for about 20 minutes after I disabled cloudflare, and did it. For free.

When I have time I suppose I should secure mine. Thank you for pointing that out.
Fortunately, they have technicians who answer the phone 24/7. Now that is the type of service I expected, perhaps not 24/7, but at least some tech help from cloudflare. But as you say, it is a self serve, self help service. That was not made clear when the window to sign up immediately came up. No explanations, just your money, please.

Thank you,
Nanci Hobson

Newport Sign & Graphics
432 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
cell 508-527-2071
shop 508-747-4443

Well, I am embarrassed now. I suppose I really need to apologize. I thought you worked for cloudflare. If you are doing this for free, that is extremely nice of you. My issue is with cloudflare, not someone who is just trying to help others.
I wish you well also.

Thank you,
Nanci Hobson

Newport Sign & Graphics
432 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
cell 508-527-2071
shop 508-747-4443

1 Like

Your site does not redirect http to https.

Thank you for checking, but it did, after a minute? I have to admit, before this week, I did not even know the difference.

Inline image

Thank you,
Nanci Hobson

Newport Sign & Graphics
432 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
cell 508-527-2071
shop 508-747-4443

A post was split to a new topic: How do I report a suspected scam site?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.