Need some questions answered

We’re currently on a business plan and using Cloudflare to serve map tiles (images) using workers. Our origin server generates these images based off of query string params. I just need clarification on a few things if anyone has answers.

1. Is there any kind of limit on our cache - total size or amount of items in the cache?

2. How can we force an item to stay in cache and only be removed if we purge or cacheTtl has expired? I have heard that if an item isn’t requested frequently it can be removed from the cache - how does this work exactly and what does “frequently” mean. Are we talking hours, days?

3. If our origin server returns 4xx or 5xx status codes these are cached - how do we prevent this? using the fetch api within workers, cacheTtlByStatus does not seem to work - getting a dynamic cf cache status when adding this option.

Looking forward to hearing some responses, thanks in advance.

Yes! There is a cache connection limit that protects Cloudflare systems! If the cache limit is exceeded. users will see “Error 1200: Cache connection limit”!

I’m not sure about the answer to that question. :slightly_frowning_face:

Yes, if the website you are fetching is having an error, you’ll see a CF branded error like 4xx error 404, 5xx error 500, or even 520! You may also see 1xxx error “Error 1016: Origin DNS error”!

I hope these replies help you! :smiley: