Need hosted DNS records for .gov Domain

How to get DNS cname and a records hosted for .gov domain.

2 Likes

.gov domains do often require manual work from Cloudflare’s Support Team to add them. We can’t do that here in the community, so please open a ticket with support.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you cannot login, email [email protected] from the email address on your account. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance.

When you open the ticket, please share the ticket number here so we can escalate it and make sure it receives the right attention.

2 Likes

Thank you, here is the ticket: #2324092

Regards

1 Like

This is the email message from .GOV

Thanks

Hello Royce,

Thank you for contacting the .gov Help Desk.

We performed a DIG on the servers that have been submitted to the portal and there are currently no SOA or NS records configured. Please have your DNS hosting provider configure the SOA and NS records on the name servers to be authoritative for the .GOV domain name and upload this to the zone. Once they complete these configurations, you will log into the .GOV portal, go to your current registration request, scroll down to the Domain Name Servers section of the form and click on the “Update Domain Servers” button to restart the DNS validation check if the name servers host names will remain the same. Our system will go out to the zone to make sure the DNS configurations were done properly and if everything is good then the DNS validation will pass (this will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete) and the domain will become active.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Lindsay

.gov Help Desk

{redacted}

1 Like

I’ve added this ticket # to the escalation queue. As it’s the weekend, it probably won’t get much attention until Monday.

Hello,

I see the ticket was closed since we do not have a Cloudflare account associated with your user ID. Kindly reply from an email associated with a Cloudflare account and we can proceed further with your request.

Alternatively you can create a ticket from your existing Cloudflare account dashboard and we can proceed with that too.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have more questions for us.

2 Likes

My account is under this email address. {redacted}

Can you send a new message from that email address? Then post the ticket # here.

This is the email I received from .GOV requesting SOA and NS records.

Thank you

Hi @user13668

Sorry for the issues you have been facing. Can you please submit a new support request from the email address you used to register your Cloudflare account, we will then be able to assist you further here. You can also e-mail us directly at [email protected].

When you have created the new support request, please share the new ticket number with us here.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.