Need Help With DNS Zone Upgrade / Configuration

What is the name of the domain?

What is the issue you’re encountering

I need help with DNS Zone configuration. According to one of the vendors I engage, the website is blocked in China by Great Fire Wall due to DNS poisoning. When the website is resolved to certain IPs, such as 174.36.228.136, the website is inaccessible, but when resolved to IP 104.21.8.145, the website opens normally (in China). Hence he suggested us to optimize and upgrade the DNS resolution service for the domain anjiasg.com, so that IP addresses from mainland China can be resolved to IPs that can be accessed normally, such as the one he tested before (104.21.8.145). Will need help with DNS zone upgrade / configuration since my website is found to be using Cloudflare DNS Zone.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Checked with my hosting provider (Siteground), but the provider redirected me to Cloudflare which I am using for cdn.

What feature, service or problem is this related to?

I don’t know

There is nothing else to configure on Cloudflare. Your domain is already on Cloudflare and proxied through the Cloudflare proxies. If someone hijacks DNS resolution, there is little you can do. You can try to enable DNSSEC, but even that won’t be a guarantee that nobody can tamper with DNS resolution.

If you are blocked in China, you best clarify with the responsible authorities why that is and cooperate with them to get any such block dropped.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.