I am a novice to cloudflare. I am planning to host my personal blog from my home server. I know it’s never a good idea, but thought of trying it. I wanted to try whether you can host your website, without spending any money at all, except ISP charges.
- I dont have a static public IP. Hence use dynamic DDNS service from TpLink. So got all set up and my website is running at https://basu-bangalore.tplinkdns.com.
- Port 80 is blocked by my ISP. I have tried almost everything port 80 does not work for port forwarding.So now if you try http instead of https in the above link site does not work.
- I read a blog that Cloudflare free will let you force port 80 to 443. So here I am.
- I got my DNS nameservers moved from GoDaddy to point to the Cloudflare name servers without any issue
- And then added the cname record as below:
So theoretically, knowclue.club should point to basu-bangalore.tplinkdns.com. But this does not work.
What am I doing wrong here? Any help from anyone?