Need help to implement Consent Mode V2

I have succesfully implemented two Zaraz modules: GA4 and Google Ads and I have activated Zaraz Concent management for both modules.

Now I would like to implement Google Consent Mode V2. The documentation says: ‘Zaraz provides automatic support for Consent Mode v2’ Does this mean that Zaraz is out of the box compatible with Google Consent Mode V2?

The documumentation says:

Verify if Zaraz is processing Consent Mode v2

You can verify that Zaraz is processing the Consent Mode settings by enabling the Zaraz Debugger. Server-side requests to Google Analytics and Google Ads should include the gcd parameter.

When I am in Debug Mode I don see the ‘gcd’ parameter in the url.

If I need to set up google_consent_default property and google_consent_update property myself. What are the steps to do this in Zaraz?

Hi @mailme

The documentation should tell you how to set up the consent mode v2

Hi Louise,

It would be great if there is an example on how to do this exactly.

In the documentation it says: ’ Zaraz provides automatic support for Consent Mode v2 ’ and also ’ Consent Mode v2 will turn on automatically when the correct event properties are available, meaning there is no need to change any settings in the respective tools or their actions.’

Does this mean I don’t have to do anything if I enabled Consent in Cloudflare? Will it automatically give the concent changes to Google?

I am an newbie here. And want to know how to start off.

For your information, I am using the Zaraz Consent Management Platform.

In case vistor is updating the consent status of ad_personalization. Do I need a script on my website to send the updated consent status to Google?

So should I Create a custom script with triggers ‘ad_storage’ updated and place the following script:

zaraz.set("google_consent_update",  {
  'ad_storage': 'granted',
  'ad_user_data': 'denied',
  'ad_personalization': 'granted',
  'analytics_storage': 'denied'
})```

Hi @louise2 I have same problems as @mailme, look I’m a newbie and I dont understand how exactly this consent mode v2 works. Do I need put this code(I’m talking about google_consent_default and google_consent_update) into some script on my website or this has to be added via ZARAZ custom html?? Documentation says that: ’ Zaraz provides automatic support for Consent Mode v2 ’ and also ’ Consent Mode v2 will turn on automatically when the correct event properties are available, meaning there is no need to change any settings in the respective tools or their actions.’ - but what does this mean?? I’m curious how this is has to work. If I need to implement this script myself on the site than how Zaraz will know which tool to what category, how to configure in Zaraz that when user accepts configurations for some specific group only that group gets consent, and so on. Documentation has not explain this for newbies that struggling for set up this.

Did you have any progress on that?

1 Like

Hi - did you succeed?
Do we need to implement updated chices - or is Zaraz sending them deafult?
I see my cookie updating perfect - but i need to know, if those UPDATED signals are sendt to Google?