Need Help Accessing my Domain

I am trying to update my nonprofit’s website, and I did a look up and found out that the domain is registered with cloudflare. However, I no longer have access to the email that was used to set up the account, and nobody remembers which email was used! The help center says to create a new account, but then it says to change the nameservers with my domain registrar. But cloudflare is my domain registrar!

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and knows how to go about fixing it. I would really like to access our domain. There doesn’t seem to be any way to reach a real human with cloudflare so I thought I would try to post here.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

There’s a “Forgot Your Email” link at dash.cloudflare.com. @domjh and I have been eager to hear how well it works in this situation. Give it a try and post back to let us know how it went.

1 Like

Thank you, I tried that link to no avail. I don’t have access to the email I used anymore, and nobody I have contact with does either.

Here is what it gives me back if you are curious when I entered my domain:

Thank you for providing those details. If that domain is active on Cloudflare, we have notified the email address on file.

Then there is a link to this help site on what to do next:

If you have lost access to the original email address used to sign up for your Cloudflare account, review the following article: “I lost the email address associated with my Cloudflare account, what do I do?

I have read through that, but the problem seems to be that I don’t have access to my domain registrar to change nameservers, since as far as I can tell, cloudflare is my domain registrar. That’s the part that I end up stuck and I don’t know how to proceed!

May I know what’s your domain?

That’s quite a mess. @cloonan would know what to do. @rommy is many time zones ahead of us and might be starting work soon (if not already on duty) and might be able to take a look. Can you post the domain name so they have something to work with?

3 Likes

The domain is knightwind.org

We are a small wind ensemble and a non-profit, run by the members.

Really appreciate any help, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @user6117, can you email support from your current account and cc any emails you think may be associated with the domain (not sure that will help but it does give support a starting point)? Email support AT cloudflare DOT com, please reply if you receive an automated reply and indicate you need more help. And, please share your ticket here so that I can track it.

2 Likes

Will do, thanks!

I submitted request #2065253. Got an automated response that I should submit from my dashboard. Will try to do so later tonight when I have more time.

Thanks everyone for your help! I finally got a response from our web host, and it turns out they manage our domain for us. So I feel kind of silly for going on this wild goose chase and taking you all with me. But I appreciate the willingness to help, and I should be able to move forward now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.