Need CNAME Flattening help

@matteo - this is from Envato help desk. How can I change this??? Can someone help please.

Thank you for reaching out! Are you able to confirm how you have CloudFlare configured to connect to your Hosted account?

Please note that you will need to use the CloudFlare CNAME Flattening service as we do not support routing via an IP Address.

The CNAME you can use is as follows:

eleven22.co.routing.envatohostedview.com.

CloudFlare should be able to assist you in using their CNAME flattening service with the above URL.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

@cscharff - I cannot reply, only edit my original post. Envato is telling me to flatten it? This doesn’t make sense at all to me.

I believe @ryan can grant you a little more permissions, I can’t I believe…

Just to clarify though, your issues aren’t related to Cloudflare, you are still on your old DNS provider.

You are trying to point your root domain to a CNAME? Add a CNAME for your root domain and put the URL pasted above as the target. Then orange cloud the record and remove the A records you currently have.

An orange clouded record is flattened (the IP address is returned rather than the cname alias).

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.