Need city detail in Analytics

Hi,

I have the free Cloudflare plan and have set up Analytics.

My Web Traffic > Web Traffic Requests by Country shows requests by country, but I would like more detail - I would like country and city.

Is this available in any plan with CF? I am having trouble seeing features of paid plans when it comes to this info.

Thanks ahead of time…

Hm, there are some Web Analytics and Account Analytics both in BETA version as far as I have seen.

Do you want only Cloudflare for Analytics or?
Do you have access to your server/hosting logs? Maybe an Awstats or something like that?

Moreover, the thing that you want is already available via Google Analytics tool.
Did you try it?

Hi fritexvz,

Thanks very much for taking the time to help out :slight_smile:

Hm, there are some Web Analytics and Account Analytics both in BETA version as far as I have seen.

I believe I am using the Web analytics (It doesnt expressly say that) and it shows only countries. I would like cities.

Do you want only Cloudflare for Analytics or?

I would prefer a single source for analytics but I need city details and will certainly consider other sources if need be.

Do you have access to your server/hosting logs? Maybe an Awstats or something like that?

I am not familiar with Awstats and will look into that - thanks.

Moreover, the thing that you want is already available via Google Analytics tool.
Did you try it?

It’s a good suggestion - I have tried it - I would prefer not to use Google for several reasons inc the protection of private data of my visitors…

I just did a quick check of awstats and it seems that it only provides country info.

But again, my question is if Cloudflare can provide city info in its analytics. That is the main thing I would like to know. So if anyone could provide insight into that, that would be appreciated.

Matomo.com (formerly Piwik) is my favorite third-party analytics, and has Geo options for city reporting.

1 Like

Hi sdayman,

Thanks for your time. I will look into Matomo.

Cheers and stay safe!

2 Likes