Need advice on ssl cert for subdomain

Hi all,

I need some advice on an SSL cert. We have a domain in Cloudflare, say xyz.com, and we are only using Cloudflare currently for DNS. Our domain has a different registrar. We have a multi domain cert through a different CA for a number of subdomains: abc.xyz.com, www.abc.xyz.com, def.xyz.com.

I have an Azure web app I would like to setup a binding to a cert. I’ve already setup the custom domain in Azure for app.xyz.com using cname and txt dns types with Proxy Status set to DNS Only in Cloudflare, which works.

I now need an SSL cert. A coworker recommended a dedicated SSL cert but you can’t export the cert which I believe I need for the Azure custom domain. Is that correct? As part of our Cloudflare account we have a universal cert. I can create a Full (strict) Origin Server cert and use that on Azure. SSL/TLS is currently off in Cloudflare.

So the crux of the advice needed is:
Confirm I cannot use a dedicated SSL cert from Cloudflare for the Azure web app.
Can I turn on SSL/TLS encryption for the subdomain: app.xyz.com? I believe I can if I change the Proxy Status from DNS Only to Proxied on the cname pointing back to Azure.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards,
Mike

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.