Nameservers updated several hours ago but domain still not active

I’ve updated the nameservers for my domain several hours ago and nslookup on Windows correctly shows the nameservers given to me by Cloudflare

C:\Users\PiX06>nslookup -type=ns <redacted>
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  103.86.96.100

Non-authoritative answer:
<redacted>   nameserver = pablo.ns.cloudflare.com
<redacted>   nameserver = christina.ns.cloudflare.com

But the domain overview page still says the following:

Remove these nameservers:

ns1.
ns2.

I’m not sure what steps to take next to make Cloudflare see that the nameservers have changed. I’ve already tried the button on the overview page a number of times

Apologies - a formatting error has hidden some of the content in my OP

The overview page shows

ns1.my-domain-name.tld
ns2.my-domain-name.tld

Try an nslookup for SOA. Sometimes people try using NS records, which isn’t the way to do it. Without knowing the actual domain name, that’s all I can suggest.

Thanks, that gives the following output:

Non-authoritative answer:
my-domain.tld
        primary name server = christina.ns.cloudflare.com
        responsible mail addr = dns.cloudflare.com
        serial  = 2036275417
        refresh = 10000 (2 hours 46 mins 40 secs)
        retry   = 2400 (40 mins)
        expire  = 604800 (7 days)
        default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)

Unless something is incorrect at your registrar, this should fully resolve within 48 hours.

Thanks, as far as I can tell everything looks right - I just expected Cloudflare to see the change of nameservers as soon as I could see that they had changed - I’ve checked with a few different online tools and all report the Cloudflare ones

1 Like

Some of the things on this DNS report look a bit concerning - could these be causing issues?

I see that you still have Cloudflare as the authoritative name server. If you run the below command on your terminal if it is linux based,
dig <domain name> +trace +all +nodnssec or here https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#NS/

Please contact the registrar to see how to change the nameservers if you are looking to move away from Cloudflare. Please refer to our article here https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/205195708-Changing-your-domain-nameservers-to-Cloudflare and it has links to different registrars.

Many Thanks for raising your issues with us.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.