Nameservers same for two different sites

I have two different sites on Cloudflare and each site is under a different domain. Why would both sites have the same namesservers? can anyone help, please?

Each name server will serve up info on many many domains (I’d expect).

They probably rotate which name servers to hand to new CF domains based on round robin, or load, or by account, or some other magic sauce.

The magic sauce is described in an old blog post.

In general, all zones on your account will get the same nameserver names allocated.

So is there a way to have different nameservers for each site on cloudflare.
My support for my domain is telling me that I can’t set them up with the same nameservers

I don’t really understand the question, or their response.

Cloudflare will normally assign all domains on an account the same two nameservers. There is no way to choose a particular pair.

On a business or enterprise plan you can have vanity nameservers, and they can be shared with all domains on your account.

That works in any case. If your registrar can’t do that for some reason I don’t understand, you should think about changing the registrar as there should be no reason for their answer.

2 Likes

Sorry the support person at namecheap told me that that was the problem that both my sites had the same nameservers. I didn’t know this as the two sites are the first ones I have had. On my own investigation I found out what you are saying.
Thank you very much for helping me out.

Hi @ecinternetmarketing, checking to see if you are still having any issues? Your origin logs will help in tracking down any 520 errors. Have you reviewed those logs?

A 520 error occurs when the connection started on the origin web server, but that the request was not completed. The most common reason why this would occur is that either a program, cron job, or resource is taking up more resources than it should causing the server not to be able to respond to all requests properly.

Review the Quick Fix Ideas in this Community Tip for troubleshooting suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.