Nameservers point away from Cloudflare when domain is registered here

I transferred my domain over to CF to test things out. Is there anything I need to pay attention to, and do the NS automatically change to CF now or?

Hi @i.adzemovic,

That domain does seem to be registered with Cloudflare, but the nameservers point to fansitehost.com, it would appear either you or your previous registrar switched the nameservers away from Cloudflare before transferring. You will need to contact support to ask them to change the nameservers to Cloudflare’s.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.Cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. Please give Support the complete details of the issue.

That link bring me to the forum, and the topic I can see you made so not sure why you send me through another link to get to the same place?

The link I posted takes you to this page

And the bottom option that I highlighted takes you to where you can submit a support ticket.

You should select the domain that you are having the issue with and tell them that your domain is registered with Cloudflare but the nameservers point elsewhere and you need them changed back.

Also, please post the ticket number you receive here so @cloonan can keep track and hopefully make sure it is in the right queue :slight_smile:

Ok, yes I did that. Just figured the NS would come up the same as CF runs on, since I made a transfer.

They should do… but some registrars change the nameservers on the way out and cause an issue in the process. Hopefully support will sort it soon.

Do you have the ticket number?

Yeah, I got the ID 1701406.

1 Like

@cloonan :slight_smile: