Nameservers not updated correctly

I’ve updated the nameservers for bespaarnuenergie.nl but they are not updated for every region when I look them up in dnschecker. It is over 24h since the changes now. Can you please help and check with me why not all DNS providers getting the correct Cloudflare nameservers? The old nameservers are deleted but new ones are not added.

Can you contact your domain registrar and ensure that DNSSEC is disabled?

1 Like

Hi Cloonan,

Thanks for the quick response. In the meantime I found out that it was not disabled during the nameserver change. It is disabled now. Do I need to update the nameservers back to their original values and wait untill it is restored before I change it to the Cloudflare NS’s? Or can I just update the nameservers to the Cloudflare values and wait since DNSSEC is now disabled? Thanks for you help in advance!

1 Like

you should not need to revert them, I’d give it a few hours to see if propagation continues.

1 Like

Thanks! Looks like it is working now. One more question; the Edge certificate is still on Pending Validation (TXT) and I get the ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH error on Chrome. Is this related to the same problem? When is Cloudflare going to validate the certificate?

1 Like

It may be, if so, it’s a timing issue for the certificate to be issued. But, click ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH for the CommunityTip. If the error does not go away, you can disable universal ssl and then re-enable. That process removes any active certificate and issues a new one, so it also takes time.

1 Like

Thanks again for your help Cloonan, re-enabling Universal SSL worked. I still have one question, since I’ve added a mail A-record to IP (DNS Only). That A mail record is not shown in DNS lookup tools. How is that possible? DNSSEC is still disabled now.

There are two MX Records added that are visible, but the A-record for ‘mail’ is not

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.