Nameservers no longer point to cloudflare

I had set up my cloudflare account and managed to input all the data to get my website ‘live’. Sorry I really struggle to understand all the tech stuff.

It was all working. I have changed nothing since but got an email 2 days ago from cloudflare saying that the nameservers no longer point to cloudflare and that my DNS records will disappear in 7 days! I don’t know what this means, but my website is no longer ‘live’.

The email said to:

If the nameserver change was in error, reactivate your domain by pointing your nameservers back to:

but it didn’t say where to do this!!

I’ve looked at me account in Cloudflare and cannot see what I am supposed to do.

Can anyone please help and explain this is very simple terms and steps what I need to do?

Thanks

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Where did you change your nameservers when you added your domain? This step is done at your domain registrar, which is the party that you pay for domain name registration.

If you don’t know who your domain registrar is, you can share your domain name here and a Community member will reply with the registrar found in the whois record for your domain.

More details on the required steps can be found in this guide.

Thanks, your reply helped. I went to my domain registrar and found they had cancelled my domain!!! I am now trying to address this. So thanks for taking the time to reply. Hopefully I will get things restored asap!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.