Nameservers for domain .eu

Hello,
I’m trying to set cloudlfare nameservers for my domain.
But for .eu domains, nameserver requirements are as follows:
Must use: 2-4 Nameservers, Unique IP addresses
Can use: IPv4, [DNSSEC]
Cannot use: IPv6

This is all I got from cloudflare, but it’s not enough.

There are plenty of .eu domains which use Cloudflare (e.g. visitnovimarof.eu) so Cloudflare works fine for the registry.

You really just need to change your domain’s nameservers at your registrar to what is mentioned in the screenshot.

1 Like

I already have a few .eu domains, and I just added another one to my account just now, and no issues were experienced.

2 Likes

The domain has been actually already configured for Cloudflare.

nslookup -type=ns ilovesmile.eu x.dns.eu
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  185.151.141.1

ilovesmile.eu   nameserver = max.ns.cloudflare.com
ilovesmile.eu   nameserver = ximena.ns.cloudflare.com

You should be good to go.

I did that, ofcourse, but after sometime my registar returned the ‘old’ default nameservers. When I asked why is that happening, I got the answer " For .eu domains, nameserver requirements are as follows:
Must use: 2-4 Nameservers, Unique IP addresses
Can use: IPv4, DNSSEC
Cannot use: IPv6 Please inform your nameserver provider so that they can help you with the right set of nameservers and IP addresses."

Your registrar should never change your nameservers. That’s something you need to clarify with your registrar.

Cloudflare works fine with .eu and there are thousands of such domains on Cloudflare.

You really need to talk to your registrar. The domain is currently properly configured and your registrar must not change anything.

1 Like

If your registrar is unwilling to cooperate, my advice would be to change registrar. In general your registrar is rather unreliable and expensive, so it might be a good idea anyhow.

But, as mentioned already, bottom line an .eu domain works just fine on Cloudflare and this will be an issue with your registrar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.