Nameservers do not work or DNS issues on Cloudflare?

I added 2 new domains (i do this every day) but these domains keep having the status “Pending” without any progress. I put in the correct Nameservers with my registrar but i’m already waiting 3 days? Normaly its live in about 2-3 hours, but why does the domain not resolve within Cloudflare (free) ? I dont see any known issues or breakdowns so whats going on?

The domain is weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl and mxtoolbox says its okay but i cannot resolve the domain. the website and mail is down and the DNS records cannot be pinged?

Your site resolves OK for me…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?f18cc11ea073440fb036f2f9f82e0c1b

Your DNS record isn’t proxied. weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl redirects to www.weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl but the certificate on your server is only for weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl so gives a warning.

* SSL connection using TLSv1.3 / TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
* ALPN, server accepted to use h2
* Server certificate:
*  subject: CN=weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl
*  start date: May 23 07:48:15 2024 GMT
*  expire date: Aug 21 07:48:14 2024 GMT
*  subjectAltName does not match www.weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl
* SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'www.weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl'
* Closing connection 0
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS header, Supplemental data (23):
* TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS alert, close notify (256):
curl: (60) SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'www.weijsenfeldbesturingstechniek.nl'

I fixed it myself by settings back the NS to the old registrar, then i disabled the DNSSEC and then i put in the new cloudflare NS again. then it worked within the hour… pfff thanks anyway!

#closed

Make sure to fix your SSL certificate. You should use Cloudflare with SSL/TLS set to “Full (strict)” here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls
…so that connections between Cloudflare and your server are encrypted and secure, but that will give an error until you fix the certificate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.