Nameservers correct DNS on Cloudflare correct site loads off wrong server Bluehost

Newb here and so frustrated with support so hope someone here will be kind enough to respond.
My registrar Bluehost
Nameservers point to Cloudflare
Whatsmydns shows Cloudflare IPs
Dns A and C records point to my server IP at Knownhost

Site keeps loading the version (That I moved from) on Bluehost.

Now showing a version of the site that is a week old and not showing Cloudflare SSL

Thanks for any help out there.

Did you use Bluehost’s Cloudflare integration for your site? If so, then it’s most likely that Bluehost has not released your domain from their Cloudflare setup. You’ll need to ask them to clear this.

No I didn’t . I just set the Cloudflare nameservers on the registrar section.
I also contacted their support to ask if it was all set up OK.
Maybe I will have another chat with them.
Good advise and thanks

I had also already pointed to my Knownhost servers and that had been working fine for several days before I tried to serve on Cloudflare.

Then I set the nameservers from pointing to my Knownhost servers to Cloudflare, Since then it just shows the site on Bluehost.

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

If that all looks good, un-pause Cloudflare then do a Cache → Purge Everything, though that shouldn’t be the problem, as Cloudflare doesn’t cache page content unless you have a special configuration most people don’t use.

If you’ve done all the above and it’s still not resolved, open a ticket via email: support AT cloudflare DOT com and then post the ticket number here as soon as you get the auto-reply.

I found the fault. sdayman was nearly right. Bluehost had another activation of Cloudflare. Once they deleted it Cloudflare resolved to the correct site. Bluehost took some convincing that there was something wrong but in the end it all worked out. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.