Nameserver issues

I have recently began my Cloudflare account and I have changed the nameservers on AWS. And, I have verified those changes were correct. But the update for Cloudflare has not happened yet. I cannot seem to add the nameservers as a DNS record. I am not sure what the issue is.

You need to change the name server listing at your domain registrar. AWS is probably your current DNS host, not a domain registrar.

And if you post your domain name, we can take a closer look at what you need to do.

The domain name is dreamlinehospitalitygroup.com and the Registrar is Godaddy.
Thanks!

It looks like you have it properly set up now. I see DNS records here for your domain.

Are those DNS records set to :orange: yet?

All the ones it automatically picked up on are changed yes to that yes. But, on Cloudflare when I go to add the nameservers under DNS I do not know how to properly configure it. I have added them but I do not get an cloud options next to them like the others.

NS records are taken care of automatically here. There’s no need to add NS records unless you have an unusual subdomain configuration.

Oh okay, that is great! But, I am still not seeing the nameservers update on Cloudflares end I changed these on Friday.

Your name servers are fine. Is something not working?

On Cloudflare: Dreamlinehospitalitygroup.com is still pending nameserver updates.
It has now been close to two days since the change.

Ah, I see. I don’t think that change has fully propagated. It can take 48 hours. Once it passes 48 hours, open a Support Ticket

Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support

Thank you for all the help! It is most appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.