Nameserver IP's

Quick question that someone may know the answer to:

The Cloudflare Nameservers (any nameserver pair) used to have IP’s beginning with 173.245.58.X and 173.245.59.X but as of a few minutes ago I noticed they all seem to be using IP’s in the 108.162.X range.

Just wondered if there was a reason for the change as I’m intrigued.

Thanks

Apparently they got a third IP address:

[email protected]:~$ nslookup nina.ns.cloudflare.com
Server:         127.0.0.53
Address:        127.0.0.53#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   nina.ns.cloudflare.com
Address: 108.162.192.136
Address: 173.245.58.136
Address: 172.64.32.136
Address: 2606:4700:50::adf5:3a88
Address: 2803:f800:50::6ca2:c088
Address: 2a06:98c1:50::ac40:2088

Also a lot of customers already got a third IP address and i guess that each site will get an additional over time. My free and biz domains have three IPs assigned.

I hadn’t noticed that, I was using https://dnsspy.io/ to scan some domains and I noticed when the name server IP’s were different ranges (I notice weird things like that)

But for whatever reason that tool doesn’t show the third address for any of the domains I tried so maybe the 3rd address is still propagating.

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having a strange DNS issue, I used DNStrails to track my DNS, recently my site when down, I had to reconfigure DNS, I have it working on a limited basis when I force a cache reload, but one of the nameservers listed is a cloudflare nameserver kevin.ns.couldflare that I have never pointed to before. I have only ever used armando.ns.cloudflare armando.ns.cloudflare why is this? I had to remove the cloudflare DNS layer and SSL to make the site work again, however this nameserver that I have never pointed to before is still being populated using DNS tracking tooling. is there a way to force a cache flush, or do you really have to wait the full 72 hours?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.