Nameserver change didn't work

Hi there. Think I’ve set up everything correctly. Final step is changing the nameservers with the registrar - which I did, but the site now doesn’t load. Site is http://newnaturalbusiness.co.uk. Registrar was Fasthosts. However, site is hosted elsewhere - but I set up the DNS in my Cloudflare control panel to point to the correct host, etc.

My questions:

1. Do I just change the nameservers on the registrar - or must I do it on the host, too?
  2. How can I determine if everything else is set up correctly - i.e. how can I narrow down the problem of why the site won’t load when the nameservers point to Cloudflare?

Thanks, Jon

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I have checked and I see the one DS record existing from your domain registrar Fasthosts.

It seems to me like DNSSEC was enabled before you changed your domain nameservers to Cloudflare.

Kindly, contact them and re-check with them to disable DNSSEC and remove DS record from their interface for your domain.

Nevertheless, you might have to wait up to 48 or 72 hours for proper DNS propagation and to clear the DS/DNSSEC entries for your domain name.

Thank you. I’ve asked Fasthosts to disable DNSSEC and remove DS record from their interface for this domain. I’ll see what they say. I can’t see a way to do this myself. Sorry - I don’t really understand the screenshots you sent. You say you found 1 DNS record remaining for Fasthosts - but I can’t see any mention of Fasthosts in the screenshot. What makes you think this is the problem?

1 Like

Great, thank you! :+1:
We patiently wait for their work and reply as a feedback information.

Thank you for asking and feedback information.

Unfortunately, this is a know “issue”, or rather to say it happens. Before we change domain nameservers, we should make sure we disable the DNSSEC feature and remove any of the existing DS type of DNS records for our domain at our domainr registrar.

Otherwise, if not, or if customer/user is not ackonwledged about this, it can cause issue like in your case.

Another answers related to this question:

Thank you. Can I ask though - from the first screenshots you sent - how can you definitely tell the DNSSEC is the problem? You said you saw “one DS record existing from your domain registrar Fasthosts.” How do you know this is from Fasthosts?

I have checked, and I see your website is working fine and can see the DNSSEC issue is resolved. Can you confirm the website is loading and working fine from your end?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.