Nameserver change but how?

I need to change my nameservers in order to connect my domain I bought through Cloudflare to a Wix site. Please how do I update the nameservers when I am not on a paid plan with Cloudflare and I bought the domain one day ago? It says I have to wait 60 days and need to upgrade my Cloudflare account…

Thank you for your help!

If you want to delegate your domain to other name servers, then the domain must be transferred out of Cloudflare first.

6.1 Nameservers. Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

7.2 nameservers

Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

That said, -

You will need to obtain the relevant DNS record(s) (typically such as AAAA, A or CNAME) from Wix.

DNS records can be added/modified/deleted over here:

https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns

That way, you can continue with using Cloudflare for your website.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.