Namecheap EasyWP - How to get worked with Cloudflare?

Hello,

Im using Namecheap, EasyWP for my Site.
I changed the DNS to Cloudflare, that works fine.
But the Full Caching isnt working because Namecheap / EasyWP have their own Caching System…

If i check if working with WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache i geht this message:

Page caching seems not working for both dynamic and static pages……
The resource was not cached by default and your current Cloudflare caching configuration doesn’t instruct Cloudflare to cache the resource. Instead, the resource was requested from the origin web server.

Edit that says Header Checker:

x-cache HIT
strict-transport-security max-age=15768000
CF-Cache-Status DYNAMIC

So, i contacted the Support of Namecheap if there is anyway to work it with full cache with Cloudflare.

Answer from support:

Thank you for contacting Namecheap Support.

At EasyWP we implement a content cache right in front of your website to filter requests to your website and ensure that we can deliver your website as fast as possible.

If you are using plugins like WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache we suggest removing them to avoid complications.

Still, if you wish to continue using this plugin, please contact Cloudflare support to clarify what should be done on Nginx server to enable caching.

However, we would suggest considering our Shared Hosting plans: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/ if you would like to use custom caching plugins.

So my question is now: what should i answer namecheap? What must be done on Nginx server to get work with full cache from Cloudflare for my wordpress site?
Or is the easyist way to swap to Shared Hosting with full cPanel controll?

Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Hi,

Please note that WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache is not an official Cloudflare plugin. You should head to that plugin’s support forum on wordpress.org to solve issues related to it.

I’m not sure why you’d need two plugins for caching at the origin. In general, you should just use one.

Cloudflare does not cache HTML by default. It will only cache HTML pages if you create a Page Rule with a Cache Level: Cache Everything setting. You also need to familiarize yourself with how Cloudflare handles caching, to set the appropriate caching headers at the origin, or else override them with a Edge Cache TTL directive at the same Page Rule that sets Cache Everything.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cache/how-to/create-page-rules/

Hi,

I use WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache just for creating the Page Rule automatic, no other Caching in the Plugin is active, and i was not knowing EASYWP have a “Caching System”…

I just deactivated the Plugin, created the Cache Everything Rule manually and it dont work. i tested too with Edge Cache TTL and it dont work.

I see under Overview that 25-30% content get Cached… So, that means then the CF-Cache-Status “Dynamic”?

But yes, my Question is the same: What can i response to Namecheap what they can deactivate in the Nginx Server settings that CF is fully working? Seems like they override the Cache-Control Header what i read in the WWW, but no solution.

Edit: I played with the Rule a bit:

Is the full CF Cache now working? Because CF-Cache-Status HIT?
And what means: CF-Cache-Status MISS? I check it with: Check HTTP Response Headers Quickly, and the first check i get a MISS, the Second i get a HIT

cache-control s-maxage=31536000, max-age=60, public
x-wp-cf-super-cache cache
x-wp-cf-super-cache-active 1
x-wp-cf-super-cache-cache-control s-maxage=31536000, max-age=60
x-wp-cf-super-cache-cookies-bypass swfpc-feature-not-enabled
x-frame-options SAMEORIGIN
x-content-type-options nosniff
x-xss-protection 1; mode=block
referrer-policy strict-origin-when-cross-origin
x-cacheable YES
age 22
x-cache HIT
strict-transport-security max-age=15768000
CF-Cache-Status HIT
Last-Modified Sun, 06 Mar 2022 19:48:40 GMT
Expect-CT max-age=604800, report-uri=“https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct
Report-To {“endpoints”:[{“url”:“https://a.nel.cloudflare.com/report/v3?s=1lBU8nkieiVEWKH4T2saZOgo1c10XJf%2FAq2zTIDVoX%2Flrb5MCAnqPIywIEhC%2FdwsV2Ekj5XBWjaRGeowKS3uLgoMY9rdwlfoFVaeXt%2BlW4n4Tbhr41sMPxjRmhRszog%3D"}],“group”:“cf-nel”,"max_age”:604800}
NEL {“success_fraction”:0,“report_to”:“cf-nel”,“max_age”:604800}
Server Cloudflare
CF-RAY 6e7d9cc08c168ce6-EWR
alt-svc h3=":443"; ma=86400, h3-29=":443"; ma=86400

That’s how it’s supposed to work. First time a page is fetched in one of Cloudflare’s data centers, it’s likely to return a MISS, followed in subsequent visits by a HIT. Edge Cache TTL tells Cloudflare the maximum time it should keep the cache. I’m glad it’s working now.

Nah, its not working right at the moment.

I’m testing with this: Check HTTP Response Headers Quickly

First check was:
CF-Cache-Status EXPIRED
Second check was:
CF-Cache-Status MISS

and the next one was this:
CF-Cache-Status DYNAMIC
after the dynamic it was a “HIT”:
CF-Cache-Status HIT

So, if i check again, again and again the same page, it change from Dynamic to Hit and Hit to Dynamic…

This are my rule settings:
Auto Minify: HTML, CSS & JS, Browser Cache TTL: a month, Cache Level: Cache Everything, Edge Cache TTL: a month

but still to not work if i just have Chace Everything and Edge Cache TTL

hmmm, seems anything is not working correctly… weird

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.